Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas-What do people do?


I've always wondered what people do for Christmas. I suppose each family has a certain way of celebrating, while others don't celebrate at all. In my family Christmas eve is what it's all about. There is usually a lot of music and food with lots of guests and then the traditional opening of presents in the morning.

I have a friend whose family simply watches A Christmas Story on Christmas eve and then open the gifts in the morning. There is no question about which tradition is more entertaining, but I gather the simpler tradition is the easiest to handle -very little clean up at the end.

Christmas day is always weird, because you get the feeling that you should spend time with your family, but you can only take so much of someone's personality over a two day period. PATIENCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment