Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Duffy-Rockferry Deluxe Edition


When Amy Winehouse first came out I was not sure if anyone would be able to top her, or even follow her, but I believe Duffy is the second coming of Winehouse.

Duffy’s album, Rockferry is the type of collection that tends to surprise me. I had already heard her hit single Mercy several times, and that prompted me to buy her album, but when I listened to the album, it was a completely different experience.

Her song Serious reminded me of Winehouse with the coarse-like voice, but it was truly Duffy’s because I found the lyrics to be uncomplicated and innocent unlike Winehouse’s dark and moody lyrics.

Duffy may not be endearing to adults who prefer the dark melodic fare on Winehouse’s album, but I found her to be quite a relief after all the debacles that followed Winehouse. I think there is a song on that album for every single person, regardless of their music taste.

1 comment:

  1. She's a bit of a hotty isn't she? She's not a bad singer either.

    ReplyDelete