Friday, April 2, 2010

Apologies? I think not.

People always want you to be apologetic about everything, and I must admit there is the rare occasion when you find yourself in a position where you have to offer an apology for a wrong doing. But there are also some moments where you should stand up for your ideals and refuse to apologize.

One such moment occurred when I forgot to pick up an item for myself which was quite important. My partner thought that I needed to apologize to her because she had taken upon herself to make plans for the item and my not bringing it was a derailment of her plans.   I can understand if I did something wrong to hurt her feelings, but I refuse to accept that I need to apologize for failing to get the item when she expected it. It wasn't something she needed, it was something I required.

No comments:

Post a Comment