Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Films

There are a few films coming out soon that I am really excited to watch and I thought I might share some of them.

MILK: I think Sean Penn is a hell of an actor, and that is the first reason why I wanted to watch this film. Then I read up about Harvey Milk and now I think everyone should watch this film. I'm sure you've seen trailers of the film from time to time, but I hope it doesn't come out and then get swept under the carpet. Milk's story is a fierce one, full of courage and ultimate tragedy due to revenge. Go out and watch it. I think they should tackle Mario Savio next. I'd like to see an actor attempt to give that famous speech of his.


7 Pounds: Is it just me or does everyone else think it's about time Will Smith went for Mr. Oscar. I don't know too much about this film, but I happen to rate Will Smith as a good actor. From the trailers that I've seen, I think It will be a good film. It is directed by the same Italian guy who directed The Pursuit of Happyness. I hope Will brings out his A-game and give himself a good chance against Sean Penn for this year's Oscar.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: I am a shy fan of Scott Fitzgerald's work but this film seems so different from the short story. Brad Pitt seems to revel in this role and may be another actor chasing after the Oscar. You should see this film if only because of the style the director brings to it. I think most fans of literature will enjoy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment